Pages

Monday, August 12, 2013

Best Quotes on Leadership

In 2012, Forbes posted an article on the 100 Best Quotes On Leadership.  As I am learning more this year on how to be an effective leader, I will reflect on some of these quotes and see if my viewpoint changes.  I wonder if other educational leaders have found some great quotes that they would have added to the list. 

100 Best Quotes on Leadership from Forbes
Kruse, Kevin. "100 Best Quotes On Leadership." Forbes. Forbes Magazine, 16 Oct. 2012 

Focusing on quotes 1 - 10, I was drawn to:

  • "8 - Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is all about growing others. —Jack Welch"
  • "10 - You don’t need a title to be a leader. –Multiple Attributions"
These quotes both speak for themselves.  

I do realize that educators/leaders need to promote and grow themselves, but I do believe a true leader is focused on growing the community along with themselves.  There is a greater picture.  The quiet success of a leader is in the prosperity of the community and the people around them. 

Even though I am actually working for that "Title" this year, there are so many opportunities for anyone in their professional and personal lives to be leaders everyday!

It will be interesting to reflect back on these quotes and others as the learning process continues.



2 comments:

  1. I like the quotes you've chosen, Cristina. So, how do you quietly build the community around you as a leader?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is something I am working on figuring out. There is so much to learn and I definitely don't have all the answers.

      Delete